Athletic Greens Review – An Honest Review
Thanks for taking the time to visit my Athletic Greens review site. I think you’ll agree that when we decide to purchase any type of product these days, it’s always important to read a review from someone who has actually used the product.
This is a review site. Click here to visit Athletic Greens Official Website!
When I first found out about Athletic Greens about a month ago, I decided to contact the company to find out more about who they were, who the owners were, how long they’ve been around, the quality of the product, etc. Now, I have been a fan of Timothy Ferriss ever since I read his book “The 4-Hour Workweek” and found out he endorsed this product in his most recent book “The 4-Hour Body”. So my assumption was that this had to be a great product, right?
I emailed one of the co-founders, Chris Ashenden, and found out some astounding information regarding their company. They have been an established business since 2009, however, they only officially launched Athletic Greens at the end of 2010. With over $1.5 million and 10 years of research and development behind them, you can rest assure they know what they are doing and have used the best ingredients that our bodies need.
Along with Timothy Ferriss’ endorsement, the other endorsements so far have been Ryan Sutter (who won the Bachelorette), Scot Mendelson (World Record holder in Powerlifting) and Isabel De Los Rios (a world renowned certified nutritionist and exercise specialist who has helped over 25,000 people).
So after reading their website, which is packed with tons of great nutritional information, FAQ’s and testimonials, I decided to give it a shot. The product arrived within a couple of days and I was anxious to try it out. First thing the following morning, I opened up the container and took a sniff. Don’t we all do this instinctively? If you’ve ever had green powdered drinks in the past, you would know that most of them don’t smell so great, right? To my pleasant surprise, it had a scent of cocoa, just like when we were kids.
I was a bit disappointed though that there was no measuring spoon, but it wasn’t a big deal for me since I have them all over the place. I scooped up a heaping tablespoon of the green stuff into a glass of water and stirred. That was it. It literally took me 30 seconds to make and consume and I was done. Surprisingly, it was quite tasty and refreshing, with a sweet aftertaste. A lot of green juices out there on the market leave a very bitter taste in your mouth, but I didn’t get that with this product.
Dubbed the All-In-One Superfood For Active People, Athletic Greens contains 76 natural ingredients consisting of nutrient dense raw superfood complex, including wheatgrass, natural extracts, herbs & antioxidants and digestive enzyme & super mushroom complex. And for all you organic fans, including myself, it contains NASAA certified organic ingredients. We all hate pesticides and they are just so toxic to us.
So How Does It Make Me Feel?
Within a week of taking it, I started noticing more energy. People that know me well would say that I already have a lot of energy and sometimes too much of it. However, this is a different type of energy for me. I have more mental energy and clarity, as well as physical energy. Plus I feel that my digestive system is better processed than before. This is probably due to the pre-biotics and pro-biotics.
I love to play all sorts of sports and as I get older, my metabolism and physical endurance is starting to slow down. Because of that, I need to make sure that I am consuming proper nutritional foods day in and day out. However, I don’t always have the time in my busy schedule to make a salad or whip up a good meal with lots of greens. So knowing that I can just take one tablespoon of Athletic Greens and get all the nutritional value my body needs for the day puts a smile on my face.
The Biggest Benefit For Me
For a number of years, I have suffered from moderate gout flare ups. If anyone reading this doesn’t know, gout can be extremely painful and debilitating. To give you an idea, it feels like you have a broken toe or foot. Ouch! I wrote an article on the importance of maintaining your pH levels and consuming alkaline foods. Be sure to read it.
Since I’ve been taking Athletic Greens, I have not had any flare ups and not even a hint of pain in my feet, which is where it has affected me in the past. Could it be too early to tell whether it’s the product or not? Maybe! But I will say that I know that this product is packed with high alkaline foods which boost your pH levels to a healthy state. Keeping a well balanced pH system helps prevent gout.
What Are The Negatives About This Product?
Just like with all products I have reviewed in the past, they always have some negatives about them. Some more than others. Here’s what I have found out:
- As I mentioned earlier, they did not include a measuring spoon with the product. Not a big deal, but it is nice just reaching into the container and using the scoop. Plus, once you scoop it, you just put it back in the container; you don’t have to wash it.
- Since Athletic Greens needs to be refrigerated once opened, I noticed that, probably due to moisture in the refrigerator, the label becomes slightly wrinkled. I have a lot of products in the fridge and most don’t do this.
- As mentioned above, since it needs to be refrigerated, it makes it difficult to travel with it. As of this writing, I have not emailed them to find out how long it can be at room temperature before it starts to go bad.
- Lastly, this is not a product that you just take and become healthy. You still need to incorporate exercise as with all supplements out there. Do you need to be active to benefit from Athletic Greens? Absolutely not! Anyone can benefit from this product.
How About The Positives?
- It is super easy and quick to make and is very tasty.
- Capsules and pills take time for the body to digest the outer layer and quite a bit of nutrient value is lost in the process. However, having it in a powder form is much easier for the body to absorb and is absorbed into the bloodstream much quicker.
- This is an all-in-one superfood with all the necessary vitamins, minerals, fruits and vegetables that our bodies need on a daily basis. I don’t need to take all the other pill supplements I’ve been taking in the past. The only other supplement that I add to this are my Omega oils. I prefer to take Krill oil, but you can take fish oil as well.
- NASAA certified organic ingredients. No harmful pesticides, herbicides, GMO’s, synthetic chemicals, artificial colors or flavors, preservatives or sweeteners of any kind in this product.
- Highly alkaline with over 8 grams of green vegetables, fruits and berries that help neutralize the acids in our body. This has helped defeat the gout I have been suffering from for years.
- Anyone can take this product. Whether you are active or not, Athletic Greens is for everyone. As I mentioned before, you should always include exercise, even if it’s a nice brisk walk in the park or beach.
Some Closing Words
I have no doubt that Athletic Greens will be a part of my daily routine for a very long time. With all the years and money that has gone into their product research and development, I feel very confident in the quality of their product. I have taken supplements in a pill form for years and yes, they are easy to take, but are they efficient? No! You are actually wasting money by the nutritional loss when you take it in a pill or capsule form.
With all the fast food and junk in our society these days, we need to stop and think before we ingest these foods. I’m not saying completely eliminate them from your diet, but eat them in moderation. Hey, I enjoy junk food too. By taking a green supplement like Athletic Greens every day, exercising regularly and eating well, not only will you lose weight, but you will gain so much more energy, your skin will look better and everything about you will feel youthful and refreshed.
Thank you for taking the time to read my Athletic Greens review and I hope it serves your health well in the near future.